The Lazarus/Free Pascal Project.
A major part of my computing activity consists in developing programs, written in the Free Pascal programming language and created using
the Lazarus integrated development environment. In this section of my website, I publish details concerning the Lazarus/Free Pascal
project, the installation of the IDE and supplementary packages and general information about Lazarus and the FPC compiler on various platforms. You also find here
a three-parts tutorial concerning the basics, how to access information, stored in a MySQL database from within Lazarus/Free Pascal applications, as well as details
concerning the access of MariaDB and Microsoft SQL Server databases. For information on how to realize a specific task, using Lazarus/Free Pascal, please visit the
Free Pascal Programming Tips section.
- The Lazarus/Free Pascal project
- Installing Lazarus/Free Pascal
- Creating a Lazarus project using existing resources
- Installing supplementary Lazarus packages
- Creating command line programs with Lazarus
- Building Lazarus applications on Linux and macOS
- Using MySQL databases with Lazarus/Free Pascal
- Using MariaDB databases with Lazarus/Free Pascal
- Using SQL Server databases with Lazarus/Free Pascal