Determination of human blood volume.
|Download BloodVolume desktop application (Windows 64bit)||Download BloodVolume source code (Lazarus/Free Pascal)|
Description: Determination of the total blood volume (TBV) of a given individual, choosing between the following calculation methods:
- Reference book method: Estimation of the TBV based on an average blood volume value, depending on the sex and life period of the individual.
- Gilcher’s Rule of Five is similar, but takes into account that not all types of tissue contain the same amount of blood.
- Nadler's equation: Calculation of the TBV, using a formula based on the individual's body weight and body height.
- The Lemmens-Bernstein-Brodsky equation: Calculation of the TBV, based on the indexed blood volume (InBV), calculated from the individual's body mass index (BMI).
Version 1.0 (May 2018): Original program
Version 2.0 (October 2020):
- Addition of TBV calculation using the Lemmens-Bernstein-Brodsky equation
- Changing inches to cm conversion factor
- Limiting TBV determination with Gilcher's Rule of Five to adults
Free Pascal features: Basic controls: radio buttons, comboboxes, edit fields, push buttons; enabling/disabling and showing/hiding
controls depending on actual situation.